Thread: Bioshock 2
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
nomadsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Hmmm, it certainly looks like it'll be an exciting experience. I am still a bit skeptical about it though and i doubt the story will be anywhere near as good as the first one. There had better be some satisfactory answers to the questions that are thrown at you.

And i just hope there won't be too much reliance on the multiplayer component. The first BioShock was much better just as a single player game. If the multiplayer is good fun then great, if not, i'll just choose to ignore it.

Too many game developers feel the need to add multiplayer. It's a bit annoying to be honest. Condemned is a perfect example of this. The first is a single player game and then SEGA/Monolith felt the need to add a multiplayer component to the sequel. It's absolutely rubbish imo.
Not only C2 multiplayer was rubbish, the whole game i disliked and equally loved first one.

Multiplayer, coop, and DLC are new trends, that will keep coming now, since they have become part of content/replay value and review.

Uncharted2 did it really well, it suits it however.

And i am happy with BS2 too, since it involves what i had in mind as sequel, play an adventure game in rapture and behold destruction like rawdanger(ps2 game). Even i had idea how good rapture can be in PSHOME.

So have hopes after this video, my skepticism is all gone, its in good hands and since the director made cradle level for thief3 and frolic part in BS1(which was best part for me), i believe he will nail aesthetics and surprises as good as BS1 if not better.

Good thing is multi part is seperate, and different company, so not FORCED in singleplayer also the original team can focus on singleplayer.