View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #33
Fantasysci5
Stalker of Britain

For me, it would have to be Syberia and Myst 3. Syberia was so hyped up for having a wonderful story, beautiful graphics, a must for all adventure fans. When I got it, I was sorely disappoined. The plot seemed dry and the characters stiff. I was just bored by it. I also looked forward to playing Grim Fandango, because I heard the characters were amazing, but I couldn't get into that either. I'm attributing that to not liking comedy games, but that's not an excuse for Syberia!!

And Myst 3, although graphically wonderful, just didn't hold a candle after Riven. Riven was just so amazing in it's scope, and even though it was still pictures, it blew me away. The background story that I didn't even get the first time I played the game, I actually had to go online and figure out all the backstory, which made the 'front' story even richer. It was hard to live up to Riven, and Exile just fell a bit fla, even though it was still amazing to me.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes