View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #33
MystGirl
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

Honestly, I've only been on this forum for a short period compared to most on here, and I like the slower pace. Most of the forums I used to go on in the past, were much busier, but the problem was, it took a lot longer to catch up on everyone's posts (seriously, like hours and hours) and it seemed easier for too many threads to disolve into fights, flamewars, or just picking on other members.

I've left other message boards because of it, and also because I let myself get sucked into it eventually. (I ain't no saint either) This forum is kind of nice in that for the most part, everyone seems to stay pretty civil to each other, because you don't have a hundred posters on here trying to "one up" each other every five minutes like on other message boards I've been on.

I personally, only visit this board once a week, or every two weeks or so, and I can still keep up with everyone's posts. I used to waste way too much time on other message boards, and I'd literally lose entire days on them. So, the pace on here seems fine to me. It did take me a bit to get used to though at first, because I was used to message boards that were much busier. But after a while, I grew to like the more relaxed pace on here. I used to get stressed out on other message boards. While this one is nice and comfy. Even when we argue on here, its kept pretty civil and calm which is a nice change from the flamewars I was used to on other boards.

Just my two cents...