View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #3463
Lucien21
Psychonaut

Coraline 3D

A stop motion movie based on a Neil Gaiman book and directed by Henry Selick (Nightmare before Christmas) Drooooool .

Coraline Jones and her family move to the "Pink Palace" a creepy house in the country, her stressed out parents don't pay any attention to her, The neighbours are a strange mix (Upstairs is a Russian Circus performer and his dancing mouse act, downstairs is a pair of old actresses with a passion for scotty dogs) and it's raining.

While exploring the house she comes across a small door which leads to another world where her other mother and father are cool, the world is bright and exciting and she is the centre of attention. But is it as perfect as it appears and what's with the button eyes

I truely loved this movie. It might actually be better than Nightmare.

The stop motion animation and limited CGI is superb especially in the other world which is alive with insect chairs, talking toys and living plants.

The eccentric characters are delightful and strange superbly voiced, it's creepy and scary, but uplifting and georgous to look at.

I saw the movie in Real3D and OMG the tech has come a long way since the old 3D movies of old. The 3D effect was excellent even though you still have to wear glasses.

The best movie i've seen this year so far.

10/10