View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 05:08 AM   #57
Jannik

Exactly. Point and click is tried and true. What we need, in my opinion, are more alternatives.

I would love to see more adventure games with "direct 3D control". To me, it doesn't matter if it's done like the typical first-person shooter, or more like in the Tomb Raider games with their third-person "over the shoulder camera". I just like the way these control and camera systems make you feel like you're inside the game world. That also opens up for, in theory at least, a broader range of puzzle types. E.g. physics based puzzles.

Futhermore I would like puzzles to evolve. Use A on B is also tried and true, but It's also fun to sometimes to play the puzzles instead of "just" pressing a button. I'm not thinking of logic puzzles here (although I like those puzzles too) but more in terms of story driven mini games and gameplay like that.

Game series like Zelda, Metroid Prime and Tomb Raider prove that there's a huge market for games with strong adventure elements, outside the traditional adventure game market. So what I think would be great, are more games in the same vein, but with a little less action, and more focus on story and characters.

Last edited by Jannik; 05-05-2009 at 04:34 PM.