View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #46
imisssunwell

@ darthmaul,

TLDR: yes, I want better graphics and features that tend to become industry standards now, I think not having these is partly why the ton of AGs which come out every year get mostly low review scores, so I can't agree that they are great games.

Stating a ton of quality adventure games comes out again but not backing it up with reviews, they mostly get low scores, I don't see something great in that. AGs that get an average score above 85% are unfortunately a minority and for many people 85% is the threshold they look at (the score required for a game to be rated good) in order to find something worth purchasing, personally I look more for ~90% score games.

AGs certainly lack in the graphics department again reflected at most of their review scores in the graphics sector. A look at e.g. Oblivion, which btw is getting dated, will make the difference in graphics clear.

Regarding mods, AGS is not on par with the ability to mod a modern game engine and I cant see why not advance to have a more powerful engine for mods. I'd be happy if adventure games like Dreamfall, which were strong in the graphics department, provided the ability to make mods with their engine.

In rpgs again you may not consider Bioware to have advanced, I can't agree with that but if you find AD&D stagnant, what about WoW where the mechanics change allot over time, almost with each minor patch?

Regarding spiderweb games, I doubt the majority of rpg gamers play these, if again by scene you mean people that belong to the rpg indy community then your statement paired with such a definition of scene is quite redundant.
I see games in the style of Geneforge as an interesting option eg for the iphone, when I am on the bus, but it is not something I would play on my desktop or laptop, if they were developed for iphone I would be willing to spend on them, within iphone game price-ranges of course.

Last edited by imisssunwell; 05-04-2009 at 07:53 AM.