Thread: Recent Splurges
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #518
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Ah, so "Een aantal" would be translated as "Eine Anzahl" or maybe "Eine Zahl" (both work) in German. That makes more sense too. For some reason I read the "tal" long, so it sounded more like "Anteil". Had I read it as it was "aantal" with the first two "a"'s long, I would probably have immediately realised it should be "Anzahl".

Ah, ah, ah! But isn't "kunt vinden" "can find"? I was trying to translate the first few words, but I just realised I messed that up without checking. Silly me. Would the first few words be (without paying attention what the proper English Grammar would be): "Below see you a short overview of the stories that you on my website can find."?

-
You're right, I forgot to put in the 'can' in "Below you can find". In Dutch the rules of what to put where in a sentence are either very complicated or nonexistant. You can say "Hieronder ziet u een kort overzicht van de verhalen die u op mijn website kunt vinden," but you can just as well say "Hieronder ziet u een kort overzicht van de verhalen die u kunt vinden op mijn website." The English translation, if done correctly, has the same grammar as the latter sentence: "Below see you a short overview of the stories that you can find on my website."

And to keep on topic: there was something else I bought yesterday, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was .