Thread: Recent Splurges
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #517
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Not bad at all Jaz! I will walk you through the things you had troubles with.

"Zowel ... als" means "as well as." So I write stories for children as well as "volwassenen". "Volwassen" means something like "fully grown," as in grown-up. So I write stories for children as well as adults.

You were right about "all of Europe and beyond" .

"Een aantal" means literally "a number of". So I have a number of international fans.

I would translate "below here are" with "below you find" or something like that, but your translation is good enough.

Edit: I also bought milk yesterday.

Ah, so "Een aantal" would be translated as "Eine Anzahl" or maybe "Eine Zahl" (both work) in German. That makes more sense too. For some reason I read the "tal" long, so it sounded more like "Anteil". Had I read it as it was "aantal" with the first two "a"'s long, I would probably have immediately realised it should be "Anzahl".

Ah, ah, ah! But isn't "kunt vinden" "can find"? I was trying to translate the first few words, but I just realised I messed that up without checking. Silly me. Would the first few words be (without paying attention what the proper English Grammar would be): "Below see you a short overview of the stories that you on my website can find."?

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!