Thread: Recent Splurges
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #513
Trunkyo
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

When I was in high school, I studied both French and German, not unusual in itself, since quite a few other kids like me really loved learning languages. The fact that the same teacher taught both languages is probably more amazing! Other students always asked me how in the world I could juggle two languages in the same year. Luckily, the classes were usually in different semesters, so I could keep them separate in my mind. This same teacher would always chuckle if I mistakenly slipped in a French word in German class, and vice versa! In my last year of high school French, we had to do a project on a francophone country or region... Naturally, I chose Alsace-Lorraine, a French- and German-speaking area!

Back on topic:

Since I wisely sent in my income tax return more than a month before the April 30th deadline and received my refund only two weeks later , I (almost unwisely ) decided to go on a bit of a spending spree this past month!

PC games (from eBay and elsewhere):
The Orion Conspiracy, The Legend of Kyrandia Book 1, Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals, Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon, Dark Fall 'Pins & Needles' Edition, and the Sam & Max Celebration Special (Sam & Max Seasons 1 & 2, plus their respective CD soundtracks, the Sam & Max Freelance Police DVD box set AND a limited edition signed hardcover edition of Surfin' the Highway! )

DVDs:
The Big Bang Theory Season 1 Box Set
Rahxephon v. 4 - Dissonance (the only volume I was missing)

And a nice, comfy pair of red and grey tiger-striped Zubaz pants for lounging around at home.

Last edited by Trunkyo; 05-02-2009 at 04:14 PM.