View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:58 AM   #11
Olivia

To derive pleasure from an adventure games, there are in fact many ways and they all depend on what mood you are in, what kind of storyline you are looking for and whether you like cartoons like "Murder in the Abbey"...etc.

Since I have played Fahrenheit a couple of years back, the game has set some sort of benchmark in adventure gaming. I myself don't classify any action/adventure blend as adventure games. But even so, Fahrenheit is an adventure game to me and I like the game very much. It is not quite fair to relate Overclocked to Fahrenheit if we are talking about the overall storyline or more precisely the plot. But in terms of voice acting, conversations and script, Overclocked is very good.

I do agree that gameplay is a bit clumsy and there are not overwheming number of scenes. But the storyline basically compensates pretty well over that.

I am now up to Chapter 4 and I really like how quickly the story develops and the conversations is so realistic that I am totally immersed into it. How many super-natural stories we are told in other titles for the last few years? It is not very common to have a story so real life I say. There aren't any real puzzles in th egame most of them are quite straight forward if they are. So in a way this is very similar to the style of Fahrenheit in which you are being told a story, like watching a movie. Next time I play it again I probably use a video recording software to record it so that I can play it like a movie later.

It is a 4/5 rating in my views.