Thread: The Path
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #83
therabidfrog

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienepien View Post
You got it in one.

PS: No, that's not true. I've said it before, in the discussion about where to draw the solid black line in the grey area of multimedia experiences and games. So you got it in two.
Actually it is true as it Freak Show is more of a show case for The Resident's music and writing than a game. It just happens to be on CD Rom. It was interesting, and I do like the art that has been involved in their videos and works thought I'm not too fond if their music after a certain period.

So I also responded to Sam. It's a little rushed, but I appreciate comments. My thing is I do not see why people consider The Path to be art or even substantial enough to have minor recognition.

I am not insulting your intelligence if you do nor am I attempting to attack you. I am simply stating why I do believe the opposite as articulately as possible.. with a little bit if humor to lighten the mood. Let me state again I do not think any one who liked this is a jerk I just question your motives.

So if any one would like to explain in kind why they think The Path is art or a substantial game, and do it in a way is not purely insulting then I would love to read it and will post it on my blog unedited. We can debate like friends. I immensely enjoy debate as long as it productive.

Let me stress two things: 1) I will take your argument on it's merit and its strengths and not our grammer or punctuation so let's lets keep it civil. 2) This is not a debate on gaming as art. It's about The Path and whether or not it is substantial on an intellectual level or other wise. So let's keep it focused. Send me a private message and I'll give you my email, and we can have productive debate. I would enjoy it.

"There be knockers down here..." - T.G. 1884

My review of The Path