View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #385
seagul

So this are my closure remarks regarding the lost crown. Sorry i'm so late, hadn't time to play.
It seems that everybody who died in the past, died around may day. For example Christina and Edward Molina, Cole Tawny, alistair Farleigh, Evelyn Ackland, Emlily Travers (she dies when the pasqueflower was in bloom), it seems even the Karswells dies then. So what about Ganwulf himself? And what does it mean?
Hardacre seems to hide the crown - but he wants Nigel to find it (and solve the sitiation).

Here the and of the story as i understand it. It seems to fit in what Jonathan Boakes wrote earlyer:
Someone said, the whole game is only a computer simulation. But thats only half the truth. Maybe the events take place in a computer, but the programm depends on real photographs. The programm can take the souls within the photographs and make it alive in a simulation.
In the beginning of the game we her about a kind of transmission that is beeing made by Hadden. Some souls wanted to come to our world, as Mr. Hare reports. Would be very unsafe - happily they only can come to the Saxton-simulation, not to the real world.
The simulation is a place where ghosts can become alive and communicate with "real" persons like Nigel.
But there is danger even in the simulation. Nigel has a near-death experience while he is bringing the crown back to Ganwulfs grave. Lucy begs Nigel to breath, while he begins to see the white light. After he restores the crown he sees the white light again and is back in the Saxton-simulation.
The last person we see is Mr. Hadden, watching the simulation on his monitor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Jonathan, I believe, gave advice somewhere that the biggest clue to Mr. Hadden was in the very beginning. Some think it might be the title screen where you can choose to start, etc. But I was thinking of that logo.
The shadow of the person in the logo looks, with its hat, like Mr. Hadden. The shadow is different from the person, who makes it. So who looks like the person? That must be Mr. Hadden in disguise.

I love this game. It is nearly perfect in every possible way. Not even the lack of dialogue skipping disturbs me - it is part of the magic: you can't play it in haste and without to listen well.
I love the idea of seeing through Nigels eyes. Following him, as he stepps into different zones, times and thoughts of peoples and ghosts.
The lost crown as
Quote:
A token item that gives the landscape meaning, purpose and texture
is an ideas in the same direction.
Everything becomes its meaning through the thoughts we wrap around it.
So i believe, it is every one of us who gives this game (like every other item) its special meaning.
Thanks to all for the experience!
Cant wait to play Dark Fall 3.