View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 04:05 AM   #1
samIamsad
capsized.

Default A Walk In The Park With: The Hunter (free download inside)

Ever since I downloaded the Crysis demo, I thought that for the first time a commercial game has engine has reached the point where it could be a viable option to not just make games upon it, but interactive holiday trips, sight-seeing tours or maybe even schooling software.

Yesterday I started Avalanche Studio's The Hunter, and this comes out on top of Crysis. The Hunt is - nomen est omen - a hunting sim, think The Deer Hunter sporting some rather unique online features and a business modell that includes free-for-all play.

But most of all: the environment is a game in and on itself. So far there's two islands to wander, but updates are planned to be added all the time. Be it new landscapes, new deer or equipment. Anyway, I haven't fired a single shot, yet wandered around for what must have been hours. I listened to the birds when the sun went up, winched as fat beetle buzzed by my face, and took a walk in what must be some of the most beautiful woods, trails, hills and valleys ever created by mankind.

You don't need to like guns at all, you might as well detest hunting virtual deer entirelly, you could be a hobby biologist, a tourist or just somebody looking for a place to relax in for me to give you a recommendation. Avalanche could skip all the deer hunting stuff and sell this as an interactive sight-seeing tour. It's breath-taking. And it's well worth a look either way.

http://www.thehunter.com/

Last edited by samIamsad; 04-07-2009 at 04:24 AM.