View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #7
therabidfrog

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post
Very nice topic, since ps1 i have been enjoyng pirate games which are legal in many countries including my country. Everyone was after modded consoles and pirate games, both on consoles and PC, so it was like very cheap affair you buy anything that feels cool on cover on that time there was only mag as source to enlighten you about software, no net and videos. So i got many , experimented many and found many rare gems which never made headlines or front covers, but those game were gems, so i always believed in taking extra step to TRY , feeling it could might turn worthy and 90% of the time i got experience of lifetime, memorable games.
I hate to admit it, but I used to pirate games a lot after I went broke, but it had it's own sort of negative effect (beyond having to get creative with fighting viruses) in that having anything I wanted for free meant I had too many options, and never finished a game. Today I would rather buy a game cheap or hunt around.

But it is true there is a lot of uninspired clones and pure trash that come up, but I guess that's the same for pretty much every form of entertainment. Personally I wish companies would push more quality than constantly just trying to push the technology forward. Still I much prefer the modern production values. I'm not nostalgic about gaming.

"There be knockers down here..." - T.G. 1884

My review of The Path