Thread: The Path
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #22
silent_m
Restless Dreamer

Geez, I guess I should jump in here as someone who DOES like the game.

You people need to enjoy the game for what it is, instead of bashing it for what it is not. As they say, too many critics, too few artists. All games provide an "experience" – it's just that some make you jump through hundreds of hoops and done-to-death mechanics in order to get that experience.

I whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone looking for something different to do on a rainy afternoon or in a melancholy mood. Some people will love it for the art direction,

Spoiler:
some will hate it for the rape insinuation,

some will love not having to pixel hunt and some will hate the slow pace. It will end up meaning different things to different people, but isn't that ok? Does EVERY game have to fit in the same mold we're all used to? Let's encourage diversity and new directions in our favorite pastime.
All Time Faves: Silent Hill 2, Scratches: Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus

Last edited by AndreaDraco83; 03-20-2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Spoiler Tags