View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #880
Kolzig
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Peter Jackson's King Kong - The Official Game of the Movie

The game was clearly originally made for Xbox360, there's that feeling that I got when I played the game. If I remember correctly the Xbox version was some high resolution version compared to the PC version?

This PC version was ported by some Romanian studio.

It's a really cool addition that the original actors of the movie took their roles also in the game.

The game was made by Ubisoft Montpellier, the studio of Michel Ancel. Peter Jackson played Beyond Good & Evil and immediately thought that he wants to make this game with Michel Ancel.

I give the game 8/10 because there are clear issues with the game having a console past and some graphical clitches and bugs are visible while playing the game.

The artwork is very beautiful, voice acting is very good by Jack Black, Adrian Brody etc.

Also this game does things in a kind unique way when it gives you two totally different characters to play around with, Jack Driscoll and King Kong.

I give huge thumbs up to Peter Jackson and Michel Ancel. PJ most likely had a huge influence in getting Michel Ancel the credit he deserves and in the end Ancel got the chance to finally make now the sequel to Beyond Good & Evil.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.