View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #3284
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Have a safe trip, Kolzig.

And Jaz, hon, keep in mind that there aren't that many people making a living as an ocarina player, so 'professional' is a fairly relative term. More importantly though, every pro started as an enthusiastic amateur, and stuck with it because they enjoyed playing and enjoyed making people happy with their music. If you are achieving anything close to that, you're no less deserving than they, and you certainly have as much potential as any of them. Stick with it and you may surprise yourself. One day you could be the one some young player is looking at with a combination of respect and envy.

Well, professional ocarina player was not quite what I meant. But professional musicians, like Almartino, and people who clearly already perform in concerts on quite a regular basis. Though I believe the woman who won the first place is just an amateur who is really good, I still doubt I'll ever be able to get anywhere close to that. (I mean, she won against Almartino! I am not even worthy to walk in her shadow! )

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!