View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #18
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke View Post
I love horror, gore and both physical and mental misery in movies, books, games or any fictional medium.

In real life I absolutely despise violence in any form and I'm 100 % anti-war in all cases.

I guess that if you analyse this you get the possibility that I get all my adrenaline "kicks" when I consume culture since I have no desire what so ever to deal with things like this in real life.
I'm the same there. I love horror, gore and violence in movies, games, books etc, but i'm not a violent person by any means. And i don't like violence in real life or war either.

My mum also can't understand why people, like me, love horror and gore in movies. What can i say? I'm depraved.

Peter Jackson was the same when he made his earlier films (Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles and Braindead). They're completely over-the-top violent and gorey, but he said in a documentary for Bad Taste, that he isn't a violent guy and would never do any of the stuff that happens in the movie. But he had loads of fun making those movies and experimented with loads of sick special effects.

For me, i can't really explain it. I'm a dark individual anyway so they appeal. And these sorts of things are ideal for expressing/channeling bad/negative energy. And yeah, a lot of people love the adrenaline rush and being scared. I'd also find it a bit boring if nothing really bad happened to any characters in any fictional entertainment.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour