View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #876
Lucien21
Psychonaut

Time Hollow

Nice little DS game, you play Ethan Kairos as he hunts for his missing parents.

You recieve the "Hollow Pen" which allows you to draw holes into the past. So you start investigating and altering the past to save your friends and family.

Every time you change something you get flashbacks and the whole history changes forcing you to seek out new clues, new locations and new characters.

The story and the way it constantly changes is the best thing about this game it is very very good and addictive. I played through it in a couple of days as I just had to see what happens next.

Gameplay-wise it is fairly simple the game is very linear for a time travel story and virtually leads you by the nose.

The game is a lot of fun to play even if it is a bit simple, the story is the highlight, and it kept me wanting to know what happens next.

Most of the loose ends are tied up quite nicely and sequal potential is limited (Maybe a prequal).

8/10

OK now that i've said what I think about the game as it is.. I wanted to say about the missed opportunities.

With the time travel mechanic I though they should have given more control to the player to alter the futures and put in some moral ambiguity. Every time you changed the past it altered the present for friends and other characters, what if there was choices to be made..To get you family back or the perfect life you had to sacrifice or alter the life of a friend. Would you do it?

They needed to make the consequences of time manipulation more evident than the rosy I fixed everything ending.