View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #869
Kolzig
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Fallout 3

I finally completed the game tonight.

In real life it took me about 3,5 months.

I played quite a lot as a high karma character, always doing the good stuff. I got distracted toooo much with the side quest, actually spending 3/4 of my gameplay time on side quests...

The total time it took me to finish the game was 46 hours.

I never experienced Fallout 2 which is said by many to be the best Fallout game? I remember I got the first game with some game magazine as a bundle.

The best I remember about the first game is Richard Dean Anderson as the voice of Killian Darkwater.

This game had a nice story, but it was rather short, the side quests gave some nice little backstories for the world, but still Fallout's wasteland seemed to be quite hollow and empty. There were not so many characters and most of them had the same voice actors. There was not so many different voices used for Fallout 3. Though I did like the selection of Liam Neeson as the father of the main character.

In the end my thoughts about the game? Well, it was a nice game as a full package. I don't regret that I played it, it had a nice story and it was fun to play, but I wish I hadn't focused so much on the sidestory hunting. I think if one were to play all the sidequests and explore the whole huge game area, then it would take about 100 hours to complete the game. The actual story part of the game is really short, I felt that it can be maybe completed in less than 10 hours.

Also there should've been more than 20 skill levels, I reached the maximum rather easily.

7,5/10
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.