View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #19
mgeorge

I give up pretty quickly in an AG. Mostly because I really suck at puzzle solving. I may give it a 1/2 hr or so, and then go to a walkthrough. I don't like to use them, but as someone else said, I play AG's mostly for the story, not the puzzles.

I'm playing Dark Fall the Journal right now, and it is probably the hardest AG I've ever played. (although I'm pretty much a greenhorn in the genre) Even with a walkthrough, I'm having a tough time with some of the puzzles And in a way, it does lessen the impact of the story somewhat because I'm getting through the game faster than I probably should. But with Dark Fall, the story compensates for it in my humble opinion.

But for me there's no getting around this unfortunately. That's how bad I am at puzzles. And that's why I liked the Lost Crown so much. Although there were some very tough puzzles in the game, (where I did use a walkthrough), there was also quite a few things to do that didn't require me to decipher some cryptic code, or open some intricate lock. I actually got through large portions of Lost Crown without a walkthrough, which for me is amazing.