View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 07:34 AM   #16
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysryn View Post
In most cases after i read what i'm supposed to do i go something like: "Arrrgghhh *random mumbling* that's so obvious! Should've thought of that."
Yeah, exactly. Annoying when that happens.

With my earlier adventure games - Simon the Sorcerer, Broken Sword, Titanic: Adventure Out of Time - me and my brother had to work them out ourselves as we didn't have the internet or even knew what 'walkthroughs' were. Which in the long run was great as we spent more time with those games and enjoyed them more. So, i guess walkthroughs have spoiled me quite a bit since then.

If i ever get a new adventure game i'll try really hard to resist the temptation of using a walkthrough. If i enjoy the game then the resistence tends to be stronger. However, if i'm not fussed about the game, i find it boring, just want to progress through the story, or really can't get my head around a puzzle after a certain amount of days, i'll use it. This usually happens more than once. And i'll definitely use one if i come across any logic/brain-teaser puzzles. But overall, i don't think i'm too bad with puzzles. I'm not great, but i wouldn't say i suck at them either.

EDIT: I'll also try and use UHS instead of just a-fully-explained walkthrough. Even if i only get 2-3 hints and still manage to solve the rest of game, i still feel satisfied with how much i've done by myself.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 02-14-2009 at 07:40 AM.