View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #35
orient

That footage was rocking. The quality of the graphics and animation, especially the new facial expression boxes, are a lot more advanced than I was expecting. The dialog text boxes looks a lot better, too. This could really improve upon the original Broken Sword experience.

One of the few problems I had with the original game was that, while the animation was brilliant, some took way too long and became really frustrating if you had to watch them over and over. It's doubtful but hopefully some of that has changed.

One of the easiest things to implement would be a quick transition to the next scene. It's also quite annoying waiting for George to walk the entire length of a scene just to get to where you want to go. When you click on an exit, have the game automatically fade in to the next scene like in some new adventures.

Also, maybe it's just me but in the original game, I didn't really get why I had to go
Spoiler:
to Spain when it became available on the map. I just went there because I could. Maybe I'm forgetting a clue but it seemed rather random to me at the time. Also, at the end of the Ireland section, the transition back to France was quite abrupt and I was a bit confused as to what I just discovered.
When George travels places, I'd like to see a quick animation of a plane taking off or something, just as some visual representation that he's traveling far away and not just walking from one scene to the next.