View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #37
cwapitm

1. Guybrush Threepwood-Just a likeable, really funny guy. Plus he is a pirate after all.
2. Crow-Yes, he's always good for a laugh. He has some of the greatest lines of any adventure game character I know.
3. Murray-How can you not love an evil demonic skull? Also has some of the best lines. I know he has a soft spot in there somewhere.
4. Manny Calavera-He's just such a cool character, and I love his voice.
5. April Ryan-For being a character who just happens to be special and at first is unwilling to accept and believe what has happened to her, but then eventually chose to get involved with this world she never knew existed. She's a character that did the most growing I think, for better or for worse. Of course she wouldn't be such a great character without the great story to back her up.
6. George Stobbart-How can you not love George Stobbart? His sense of humor, his love of history, the fact that he's from California, and his insistence upon showing random people objects that he happened to pick up, and asking their opinions on them.
7. Glottis-Another loveable character. I just think he's really cute.
8. Prince Alexander-Perhaps the only reason I have him on the list is because Robbie Benson voices him, but hey, he's quite the hero himself. Going through so many dangers just to be with the woman he loves. That's persistence.
9. Zanthia-For being a great female protagonist. I know she's not the only one, but she had style, with her clothes changing trick. And she wouldn't put up with anything.
10. LeChuck-Because Guybrush wouldn't be Guybrush without him. What would Guybrush do if he couldn't chase after LeChuck?

I didn't want to have to rank them, but those are my favorites. Now, grant it I haven't played every classic adventure game out there, so it explains why certain characters didn't make the list. I could also do honorable mentions, but I'll just keep it at that.

Edit: Just realized you asked for main characters. Oh well.