View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #31
AprilLives

My current choices:

10.Oscar (Syberia) There must be a real beating heart buried beneath this tin man. He is an emotionally challenged best friend who gives what he can and always stays cool.
9. Atrus (Riven) A deep thinker with a weight on his shoulders and a huge moral compass.
8. Burns Flipper (TlJ) This scary bitter guy in his acrobatic wheelchair speaks to the inner torture of all the disappointed, walking wounded and sad people everywhere.
7. Victoria McPherson (Still Life) Totally independent and tough. She could chew nails and look like an angel doing it. She also could have baked cookies all day long but battles evil doers instead.
6. Manny (Grim Fandango) A rich full-bodied voice gives depth to the character, a man of many frailties who is also noble where it counts most.
5. Kate Walker (Syberia) Capable, smart, lovely and focused. She has a soft spot for a sad story and is a solid character who represents transition and the enigmas therein.
4. George Stobbart (BS) An unlikely hero easily swayed. This “every man” is a little selfish, a little afraid of commitment, a little slow to emotion but a great friend who makes you laugh, is willing to learn and who tries not to let a friend down. However, he could break your heart.
3. Catherine (Riven) Strong, wrapped in mystery, exceptionally beautiful, humble and wise.
2. April Ryan (TLJ) Her youthful spirit is troubled and rebellious but she is creative, brave, funny and kind.
1. US. Since I can’t think of anyone else right now, I’ll say the collective “we” who take up the challenges these characters face.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)