Thread: Recipes Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #72
undeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
have you tried Stevia yet? It doesn't seem to have the aftertaste that other sweeteners do but if you use to much it does have a slight hint of anise.
Oh, yes.

Stevia varies a lot from brand to brand. I've tried "now" which is very weak, especially considering the 90mg it claims to have in each packet, and on top of that tastes quite mediocre, and "herbal select", which is a lot better. Still, on the whole, stevia is not known for its taste.

From my experience, stevia tends to go well with chocolate and the like*. Oh, and cinnamon-orange-rooibos.

But, it is rather expensive, so, because of that, I only find it to be worth using together with another sweetener. Like cyclamate, which has a lot of synergy with it(as I had mentioned a while ago). Oh yeah, so if I was making two cups of dairy-juice-drink instead of one, I would use two different sweeteners.

*Likewise, lo han guo extract is said to go well with chocolate. Hey, I had been wondering what to do with lo han guo fruit, I need to try it with some tisanes.

Last edited by undeaf; 01-13-2009 at 07:27 PM.