Thread: Broken Sword 2
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #12
Keregioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFly View Post
No offense, but whilst a minor character in the first game, he was a pretty major one in the third, so i am surprised you don't remember him. I certainlly felt more emotional impact in the the 3rd game with events regarding bruno due to my recollections of the character from the first game.

Please understand however, I'm not saying you cant play broken sword 3 without playing the 1st two...im just saying why would you skip them when they are all so cheap now anyway and playing them in order gives a greater sense of satisfaction, narrative development and a greater understanding of the story? Each to his own i guess
No offense taken. I didn't say he wasn't important, just that I didn't remember him because it's been a long time since I played the games.
I believe that in these specific series it's not at all necessary to play the games in order (ecxept maybe for the first so you can see how the two main characters meet). Sure they may be some story links between them but they are minor and don't really detract from the experience. Nothing important as far as character of narrative development either, as far as I remember.
I'm with you however, no reason to skip any game of the series since they are all very enjoyable.