View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 12:23 PM   #30
tsa
Playing character

I just finished the game. With every new game I seem to become a bigger fan of the Carol Reed games. Thw fact that I shot almost the same picture as in the game during my pilgrimage to Norrkoping had only a little to do with it. I just love the scenes and the slow, unhurried gameplay. I spend a lot of time just walking around on every spot, looking at things that have nothing to do with the game, and so move on slowly. I found this game better than the previous one in the sense that there was less needless walking around here, and looping through hoops to get simple things done. I needed the hint system only a few times, but I found that it was too easy to reach so I looked in Carols notebook more often than I should have. That is about the only complaint I have about it. Maybe you could take a look at Myst IV to get ideas about how to make the hint system less accessible. But I must say, the hint system worked perfectly for me. It pushed me in the right direction, often without really telling me what to do. Very nice. I hope we will see more of it in the future!