View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 03:13 AM   #777
JemyM

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Silent Hill: Homecoming
Silent Hill "5" is the seventh game related to the mysterious city Silent Hill. I have finished every game in the series, including Orphan (the mobile game) and I have ofcourse also seen the movie. Gamewise, I will probably have to rate the fifth game somewhat better than Origins (SH "0") but I wouldn't say it's a great game. Why?

Well, let's start with the good stuff. SH5 looks and play better than the entire series so far. The character models looks absolutely great, the transitions between the foggy world and the Otherworld looks just great. The story itself, considering the "real twist" and all, is by all and all pretty good. The combat system have been boosted a bit as well over previous games.

The bad... well, it's difficult to point out why SH5 overall felt like a boring experience. The story, well, most of the game there's barely any story at all. You can guess early on that things really isn't ok with "coming home", but there really isn't much into it. The game fails the psychology of earlier games. It isn't really that scary, and there isn't much of emotion into it. Most of the time you will simply run around, dodging monsters, doing puzzles, but the storytelling simply isn't there. I guess one who craves another horror game after Siren 3, Penumbra: Black Plague and Dead Space can check it out, but beyond that I wouldn't recommend Silent Hill: Homecoming.