View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #84
chapter11studios
Dread Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky View Post
It's so perfectly obvious that Autumn Moon was shying away from reinventing the wheel here, and that they were squarely targeting adventure gaming die-hards, banking on them by delivering the type of game they claimed they wanted to see. I just find it hilarious (but not in any way unexpected) that now that the game's out, it's immediately a sell-out, moneygrubbing product for the masses because it uses 3D models for its characters.
Me, personally, I haven't been this excited about a computer game in at least a decade. Probably not since CMI came out. I'm actually buying a new computer just to play this game, since my current laptop can't handle it. That's how excited I am, and how much I want to support what Autumn Moon is doing. I'm so grateful they've made a game like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky View Post
It makes it pretty obvious why certain adventure making gods from the days of yore have opted to evolve the genre rather than pander to nostalgia - because no matter what they do, the same segment of the populous is always going to find something wrong with it.
Unfortunately, this is just what happens in every genre, not exclusive to adventure games or even games in general. Maybe I'll buy two copies to make up for Guybrushwhereareyou.

Last edited by chapter11studios; 11-21-2008 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Edit: Fixed a typo.