View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 09:15 PM   #20
buddi

I'm about halfway through the game. In addition to really enjoing the game, I think it's my favourite hint system I've ever come across. Generally I resort to hints because I am stuck and I don't know what to do next. With COM I can see what the next location is and no more, as long as I know I am in the right place, I am usually content to explore until I figure out what I am supposed to do there. When all you need is a nudge in the right direction even UHS can be too much, so I appreciate the hint system in this game.
I also enjoy the non-linearity of this game. In reminds me of Barrow Hill in the way that it's very difficult to get truly stuck - you can have several things on the go at the same time and hopefully in the course of solving your other problems you will either come across the solution to the stickiest one, or come up with a few more problems to keep you occupied while you try to figure it out. I haven't played any of the Carol Reed games before, but this thread intrigued me and I have to say I am enjoying myself quite a bit. The mystery is interesting and I am looking forward to seeing how it all resolves.