Thread: Mirror’s Edge
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #19
nomadsoul

Got the game today after 5 chapters, here are my impressions

No public on streets and malls or anywhere raise concerns, city feels empty and detached or like its new city and people are gradually accomadating, but it doesn't destroy enjoyment as much as i expected.

Story is just filler with bad insurance animation, animation could have been better, the colors and art is good but they animate wierdly, specially when interacting and it doesn't help in connecting with them.

Graphic novel approach like MGS bandedessinee could have work better specially when you take notice how good artworks are (in unlockables), the coverarts are so good that make me wonder why they didn't use that.

Game is fun(depends how much you enjoy sprinting and platforming) and innovative, definately stepup form breakdown in FP dynamics.

Prince of persia and lara should pack thier bags or take is fresh air, seriously both these franchises should ponder hard on making their games like this.

ME gameplay is dope(specially wiht ps3 controller, its like feeling right at home) , and i am athlete, like spriting and jumps so, its not entirley objective impressions.

Some reviewrs are pissed at nature of gameplay calling it repetitive, frustrating etc.

Any questions? Love to answer.

But lovers of lara and prince games should try this game.