Thread: Therapy
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #6
Dara100

These are some of my favorite games. I've just finished the new one and eagerly await next year's. They do have a very calming, immersive effect that is so pleasurable. My SO wanders by and says "that's a beautiful scene" and he couldn't be less interested in adventure games. The first games in the series had a creative impressionistic painting look to them. See the screenshots to see what I mean. The games hold up very well without the effect, which I sort of miss. I did get a kick out of the "messy room effect" that's used this time out. I can imagine the author saying "Just let me use it the way it is in my game. I'll put in a group picture and you'll all be famous!"

You don't so much play the games as amble through them seeing the sights and picking up clues here and there. Your mind starts wondering about why the summer place is called "the allotment" (do Swedes actually receive it from the state), who Bigge, the strange guy who plays the janitor really is, do they know Willie is a dead ringer for Putin and other questions about the real people you encounter.

tsa, I envy you. I have thought if I ever get back that way I'd love to visit Norrkoping myself!

Last edited by Dara100; 11-10-2008 at 08:13 AM.