View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 05:44 AM   #32246
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
I thought it's more along the lines of Die Wer-bung

(Reminds me of "No, no, it's German: Die Bart, Die"
"Oh, someone who speaks German can't be bad...")

God, I hate that. There's an ad for some fragrance by Christina Aguilera, and in the ad the guy says Christinarrr Aguilerarh. Drives me rather frustrated.
To tell the truth, "Werbung" is one of those words where you don't really pronounce any syllable significantly more than the other. I actually asked my father which would be emphasized, and he told me that it's the second. But I am not sure if he's right. I tried looking it up in a dictionary, but all I was able to find in our house were Lexica. Listen to it, and tell me what you think the emphasis lies on?

Oh, and I'd respond to Bob that if it's supposed to be German, he's not very good at it (and knowing him, that would really insult him ), because "Die" is a female article. It would have to be "Der Bart", though it might be better not to use an article in this case as well (which is alright when it's a person's name, but not if it's a simple noun.), since "Bart" is the word for "Beard".

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!