View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #14
sodapoplives
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Really?

He is a wonderful artist: after providing artistic support on Full Throttle, he painted awesome backgrounds (and animations) for The Dig and CMI (these ones were really amazing), although I think that his work on Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine was pretty much forgettable.

I wouldn't say that, back in the day, he did too much to make the genre what it was. Tim Schafer, Ron Gilbert, Noah Falstein and Hal Barwood* did it, but Tiller - at least in my opinion - is a great artist/painter that has yet to prove what is capable of in designing an adventure game.

*I'm intentionally not mentioning any Sierra-related names.
Yes. Really.

I believe that I said he was ONE of the guys, not the only guy. His art was inspirational to those who came after.

He was a great artist on a great team, so he knows the value of a good story and voice acting. Many dissapointing games are made by low-budget companies that don't seem to understand the need for quality writing and voice acting.

You did see the trailer right? It looks very amusing.

Sierra put out a lot of decent games, but the production values were never as good as Lucas Arts. The only game on your top ten list that I enjoyed was LSL3. Everthing else, especially GK, was boring due to soddy story lines.