View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #13
Keregioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue View Post
I'm sceptical though, 'cause every great point'n'click released the last few years, even from ex-LucasArts guys (Sam'n'Max I'm looking at you) haven't even come close to the quality of the games in the golden years. To me, it just feels like the bar has been lowered quite drastically.

I''l have to disagree with that...sam'n'max is the closer we've come to the golden years. It's at least as good as the original sam'n'max lucas arts game. And I hope you don't consider it inferior because it is in 3D, that doesn't have to do with how good the quality of the game is, it's just personal preference.
That being said I don't consider the old sam'n'max a good representative of the quality of those days, I much prefer the other games by lucas arts.

As for vampyre story... I've learnt to have very low expectations for adventure games these days so the same goes for this game. I think many people seeing screenshots are reminded of monkey island 3 and because there's a ex-lucasarts guy involved they think it will be of the same quality. Personally I really doubt that. Also, I remember a while back seeing a little trailer of the game that included a rather poor attempt on humor.

I will definitely play it though and hope for the best...