View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #30
DomStLeger
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Personally I love GK 3, I think it's a superb game. Unfortunately it was released at a time when the race for gorgeous 3D graphics was all that mattered (arguably that's still true today) and so suffered badly when it didn't meet peoples expectations. I don't think the wider gaming community gave it a fair chance because they were instantly put off by the ugly artwork.

And it suffered badly at the hands of Sierra's management. As I recall they had to redo the entire artwork for the game at relatively short notice, and then it was rushed out despite numerous graphics bugs. But at its core it's a really great story with superb and original gameplay (with perhaps one or two moustache shaped exceptions). And I still think the game's interface is the best way to achieve point and click in 3D; or certainly on the right track.

I think it's very sad; it's a diamond in the rough but a diamond none the less. Strangely some of the biggest flops in adventure gaming have been some of the best games released in my opinion. The Last Express anyone?
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!