View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
rtrooney
Codger

I've played the Chapter 1 demo some more. Calling this a "playable" demo is a HUGE exageration.

As mentioned earlier, nothing can be explored except the main house. Once inside the main house, it is impossible to exit. (So much for starting a fire with the firewood that not in the house.) Also mentioned is the front door being unlocked and the electricity is turned on. (So much for finding the key or the electrical box.)

Other than finding the daughter's note, picking up a lighter, adding a note to inventory and finding a photograph, there is nothing to do.

There are many, many things the WT of Chapter 1 says to do/take/read that can't be done in the "playable" demo. It is possible to look at things the WT says to take. Other items that you are told to look at or read simply aren't there to look at or read.

I have not played the Chapter 5 "playable" demo, but I can't imagine it's much different.

I really wonder what the intent was when these demos were released. If anything other than giving a feel for the graphics, they fail completely.

One last complaint...you can't save a game, so you have to start from scratch every time you play. Which requires you to sit through the intro every time because you can't skip past it. Not good execution

Nothing here that tells me "Buy this game!"

Last edited by rtrooney; 10-12-2008 at 06:42 PM.