View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 04:13 AM   #19
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
The music was - dare I say it - even better than in the original! Outstanding soundwork! Soundeffects were also totally great.
I have to disagree with this. The music in 2.5, to me, was unmemorable whereas the music in BS1 & 2 is fantastic. In the originals, a professional composer (Barrington Pheloung) did the music and gave the games a more cinematic/murder mystery feel. All the tunes, especially the theme music in BS1, are glued in my mind. Can't say the same for 2.5 i'm afraid. The music just didn't do anything for me.
Plus, the ambience was boring. It was the same ambience in pretty much every outdoor location. And sometimes even indoors too. This particular ambient sound was an outdoor one with cars driving by very faintly in the background. This same one was even present whilst on a plane at the end.

@ Mayboy:

I experienced this problem too. It turned out to be my graphics card. At first i was using a Sapphire Radeon 9600XT and i think the problem was, was that it was unable to cope with the fire effects on the main menu. Before they even appeared the game just crashed back to the desktop. I switched the card to my best one and hey presto!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour