View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 09:24 AM   #18
Luna Sevithiainen
Pixiehunter

Well, let's just give it a try (I may disagree with myself on my decissions again tomorrow though )

Best puzzles overall in one game: Day of the Tentacle (The cross-time puzzles just work great!)
Worst puzzles overall in one game: Discworld...It was all just a tad too illogical to be playable (to me that is )

Best single puzzle: Rescuing the widdow's sons in Conquests of the Longbow (so many ways to solve it)
Worst single puzzle: The lockpick puzzles in Dreamfall...got so pointless in the end

Best utilization of action sequences: Avoiding the sheriff's men in Conquests of the Longbow (if you can call it action, dunno for sure )
Worst utilization of action sequences: The fighting in Dreamfall

Best death scene(s): The deathscenes in Conquests of the Longbow (great comments , then again, great ways to die )
Worst death scene(s): the ones in which you get no comment whatsoever

Best overall voice acting in one game: The Longest Journey
Worst overall voice acting in one game: Day of the Tentacle (the few bits there are, that is )

Best single voice actor in one game: April Ryan from The Longest Journey and Dreamfall
Worst single voice actor in one game: Laverne from Day of the Tentacle

Best translation of a foreign game: None. translation ruins the sentences. Nothing can be translated with every small nuance still being intact.
Worst translation of a foreign game: Runaway 2 to Dutch....horrible, and soooo many typos :S

Best end scene: The Longest Journey (got me staring at the screen for some time )
Worst end scene: Escape from Monkey Island

Best control scheme - game or studio: All games written in SCI
Worst control scheme - game or studio: Discworld

Best developed "object finding" in one game: Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Father. Although there were some small (very) objects, they were all well discernable, and the pixel on the cursor indicating with which part you clicked surely helped
Worst developed "object finding" in one game (pixel hunting): All those in Runaway (adding here also the "I don't need it now so I will not even say it is in here yet" stuff)

Best game on interaction with the game world: King's Quest VI. You can even talk to inventory objects
Worst game on interaction with the game world: Dreamfall....waaay too little