View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 03:35 AM   #54
Ascovel
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keregioz View Post
Yes, I agree about that screen...this puzzle seems a little too simple (although in the game maybe it will prove to be something different that it seems). But why be disappointed about a puzzle? All games have some "not so successful" puzzles. I know you're a big fan of the gk series so you know what I'm talking about .
I'm also a big fan of the GK series and I don't know what you are talking about. I was a very fond of the cat hair moustache puzzle in GK3 if that's what you are referring to. It is very similar to puzzles from older Sierra adventure games (including GK1) and I was disappointed there wasn't anything like it further in the game.

Anyway, the crossword puzzle looks like something children would do at primary school and that's what I personally find unsettling about it. This apparent easiness can't be accidental. Maybe "it will prove to be something different than it seems" like you say, but I rather suspect it's the result of setting the ultra easy difficulty level in the options.

For now the game reminds me of the puzzle game Fool's Errand (including the importance of card illustrations). Only that one was very difficult.

Last edited by Ascovel; 09-12-2008 at 03:40 AM.