View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 02:24 AM   #20
remixor
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHousequake
When did DOTT become more critically acclaimed than Sam And Max? I remember all the magazines raving about Samnmax issue after issue back in the day, hardly saw any info about DOTT. It's probably because time travel is more intresting then searching for a soggy bigfoot, but Samnmax is more entertaining IMO.
Which is more entertaining is probably a personal thing (in my case, I also find Sam and Max more entertaining at least from a character and humor standpoint) but from a gameplay and puzzle design standpoint DOTT is definitely a superior game. I'm still impressed by how cleanly they pulled off the multiple characters element (which had of course been done before in MM but due to the lack of choice in DOTT I feel it was tighter) and by how well the puzzles took full advantage of the time travel element.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright