View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #351
OutlawJim
Confused

My top ten adventure games:

1. Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (Haven't finished the third just yet, and the 2nd wasn't just as compelling to me)
2. Curse of Monkey Island (my most repeatedly played point and click. I'm surprised the disc hasn't been worn out by the laser X3)
3.Grim Fandango (often the game I cite as my favourite game ever, although when I sit down and think about it, the other two tend to beat it)
4.Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Possibly higher than it should be, because I always associate it with the experience I had playing it first time with a friend. Had I played it on my own, I think it would have been more frustrating.)
5. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (One of the few non-voiced point and click games where the lack of voices didn't bother me.)
6. Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (The best game I've ever bought twice X3)
7. Day of the Tentacle (The first adventure I remember playing, and one of the first things I ever remember buying for myself. Totally awesome)
8. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (Possibly the best told story in video game history. I'm not saying its the best *actual story* just possibly the most effectively told one X3)
9. The Dig (I love it. I don't really know why. X3)
10. Sam and Max: Season Two (The best use of episodic gaming so far.)