View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #17
cwapitm

I too used to sit and watch my dad play adventure games. We'd work together to try to figure out the puzzles. The internet was very new at the time and there were no walkthroughs. I remember when we got especially stuck we found that some people posted questions asking for hints on particular puzzles. I believe this was on Prodigy because that's what we had. Sometimes it would take days to get an answer. So, we managed to get through games that way.

I also specifically remember my dad doing narration for games and he voiced what the characters were saying. I remember him doing it for SQV and KQVI before I got the talkie version.

Now it seems like today my dad has no patience for these sorts of games, and all he wants to play is FPS or his flight simulator game. So, I miss those fun times we had.

There are certain scenes from adventure games I'll never forget, like the cannibals from Monkey Island and the skeleton dance from KQVI.

I've also had the joy of being able to experience certain old classics for the first time recently, like Broken Sword, Grim Fandango, and Full Throttle. I knew right from the opening sequences that they would be wonderful games.