View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #13
Ascovel
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Sels View Post
See, I work in advertising, publicity and pr myself... I know this business.
what I see when I look around is people either don't care about gray matter at this point, or they're angry that they don't get anything to ease the wait (for what is it? 3 years)...that's not good. that's BAD pr. a fool can see that. From a professional point of view I CANNOT BELIEVE this is happening to a Jane Jensen game of all games!
I agree that it isn't a particularly good PR. However, I don't understand the great meaning of people's anger and dissapointment over this. I must say I'm much more angry (and I'm sure I'm not alone in this) about the fact that I probably will never know what happened to Gabriel and Grace after GK3. Should I focus this anger on Vivendi which wastes the rights it owns, on Jane because she decided to do such a cliffhanger climax, and on Ken Williams because he sold his company to people without any vision? In regard to Gray Matter, should I keep thinking with contempt not only about Anaconda, but also about The Adventure Company because they didn't want to give enough money to do it? It all looks to me like bad PR for those people and companies. Yet I think I'll still look forward to new productions of Ken (if there are any - never say never), Anaconda, The Adventure Company and Jane. People make bad choices all the time, but in none of these cases I feel that I've been cheated, or somebody tried to be mean to me, or that the value of previous achievments has been lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Sels View Post
you understand my motivation now? I know I can't DEMAND anything from a publisher for a product I haven't bought yet, but COME ON... the fact that this issue exists is unbelievable to begin with!
I'm sorry about your website not having some cool materials to discuss, but somehow I don't believe that this situation will really be a big issue in the long run. Either Anaconda will finally reveal the game to the public, or not.