View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #10
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Sels View Post
I know for a fact there IS new stuff to show us.
Unless you have inside information (which I'm assuming from the context you don't) you cannot know this for a fact. You can strongly believe this to be true but there is a very important line between strong belief and fact. There is a possibility that nothing whatsoever has happened since the last update. We'd rather that wasn't the case but it could be.

As for buying previous games entitling you to something, it did. Those previous games. The price of a game is for that game, not some rights over any future games. If you're going to buy future games regardless then it is actually in the best interests of companies to concentrate on getting them out (so they can get your money in) rather than spend time creating demos and producing news. The only reason for wanting information rather than the finished product is that you're undecided about buying a game. It might be in a company's best interests to persuade you but you can hardly claim they owe you anything if you're not firmly committed to give them something in return.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree

Last edited by stepurhan; 09-05-2008 at 01:12 PM.