View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
tsa
Playing character

I've been playing adventure games for 24 years now. For me, playing them is also mostly about escaping the real world. Not that I dislike the real world, but it's nice to be somewhere else for a change. Furthermore, I don't like shooter games or other games that test reflexes etc. Adventure games are for me just about the only games that I find fun to play, because they challenge my mental capabilities and give me the chance to explore new and interesting environments, and in that way satisfy my curiosity. I always want to know what's behind closed doors and around unknown corners. I've worked in the building I work now for 12 years, and it bugs me that I still haven't seen all its rooms, and probably never will before it's demolished some time next year. What I look for in games is mostly, in random order, interesting environments, interesting characters that I can relate to, and challenging but logical puzzles that are integrated in the story. The story itself doesn't have to be very special for me, although that of course increases the enjoyment I get from a game.