View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 02:59 AM   #19
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzler View Post
I'm currently playing Secret Files and the acting in that one is a step up from the previous games I've played. The lead character has a cute voice... well, she sounds cute.
For me personally, i found the acting in that game cringe-worthy and was a big step down from Still Life. But that's just my opinion. I much prefer the voice acting in Still Life than Secret Files. Especially for the female lead. Nina just annoyed the hell outta me.

I have to say, that the majority of these newer adventure games just don't really appeal to me, and one of those reasons is because the voice acting tends to suck. The only recent adventure game(s) i've played that have had decent voice acting are the new Sam & Max games. The only adventure game i have faith in at the moment, when it comes to the voice acting, is A Vampyre Story because it's being done by ex-LucasArts employees. The voice acting was/is always top-notch in the old LucasArts games and there was no exception with the Sam & Max games either. So fingers crossed...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour