View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 11:12 AM   #11
AndreaDraco83

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
Sure, all the optional segments in GK3 are nice, but they aren't anything more special than hearing Gabriel's fun comments for random objects in the game.
I agree with you that their value is pretty much equal to Gabe's fun comments, or to Grace's later takes on the same objects, but to me they were still fun to search and find.

Quote:
I found the optional stuff in GK1 much better and providing additional depth to the proceedings. Also, you usually had a whole day, or several to find it.
You're right on the second note: it's less frustrating to have a whole day or a couple of days to find these optional routes, but I still consider that the approach of GK3 is more believable.

Quote:
What about them? I don't remember.
If you look them in the first day, at each and every one of them in the proper order, near the end Gabriel starts to talk about Granny, his childhood and his experience with the clergy and the Church as an institution. Also, you can notice that he can't remember correctly certain stations, and he makes some comments about he not paying attention during catechism. Later, when you can visit the church with Grace, she also makes some comments about her childhood and - if looked in the proper order again - she thinks about Gabriel and Granny too.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box