View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 10:17 AM   #31
Aubstopper

Send a message via AIM to Aubstopper

I know! I was very excited when i heard that...i was scouring through the interview and i heard some caller call in and mention tex and my ears totally perked up. It comes up around 68.00 on the talk radio thing.

He says something like this:
Caller: This is just something that we just have to ask, but..What is the future of tex murphy games?

Chris: well, hehe, we're giving this a trial and seeing where it goes. We haven't been in adventure games in a while and we've had some close calls and I feel like we have something here that's a strong concept...and if this goes well i think that the opportunity for tex murphy to make a comeback is really pretty good. We would love to do it..umm..you know, the real question is...is it financially viable to do thiat so that it makes sense..we want to give this a try. We've thought about this for awhile. How do we come back to this market? How do we make it interesting for people again to spend their money on adventure games? You know, honestly, we see a lot of casual gamers out there and we say "well, those a sure interesting, but they wouldnt compel me to buy them...i'll allude to what aaron said, it comes down to the production companies and what they feel they need to...what we need to do in order to make the product succeed...and that's why we said, we're going to do this! We're going to go ahead and we're going to believe in our vision. And put it together and see how it goes and no one can invest in this except for us...and umm, we're working with people that we've worked with for years and years that...you know, it's a talented group. We feel like we have something to bring to the market that will energize it, and frankly don't get me wrong..it's our best shot at it. This is our take for this type of game in this market and we honestly feel that if..if this catches on or this does reasonably well, that we can bring tex back feel like we could succeed with that as well.

Aaron: Worse case, we'll do Tex Murphy combined with Diner Dash.

Aaron: We'll call it like Detective Dash. You have to find clues before the customers get frustrated and leave.

Person: Have you considered the console market at all for tex? It just seems like playing these games again, with the whole first person aspect and everything, that uh a 360 controller would be really intuitive for moving around looking at things going through that.....there's obviously nothing out there in the console market that...nothing like it.

Chris: I really think that if we can establish more or less a foothold...if we can show people that this is interesting and fun again and people buy the product and they want more...i think that the console is an opportunity, but i think that in essence people have to see for themselves and people who are involved with these other companies, you know they have some pretty good ideas i think that these guys have a good idea...or strictly PC you know or strictly online, but i think you know, in these markets we can catch their imaginations...catch their interests..and show them a bit that story is something that has real value to the purchaser, we're going to be able to fill that market in any one of those areas.

Person: well, it seems to me that the market is open for it. So many games get made that are just so DUMB. To be quite honest with you...it makes me scratch my head every time and go: how did THIS get green lit?

Aaron: it's crazy you know...we've been in tons of green light meetings and you would not believe some of the stuff that happens in those meetings....

blah blah blah

Chris: it's more interesting for us to work off of the independent film model because (we are allowed to take more risks[essentially what he said]). We want to do it becasue we believe in it and if the market is not there then it's not there. but we have a good product and if they like what we did before then they'll like this one...

blah blah

Chris: this is what i got into this business for...for the opportunity to tell a story...to totally emmerse someone in it...

(i'll type up the rest later...but isn't this AWESOME?! i'm so excited! even my mother is excited!)